Bring video games to life.
If you're ready to channel your enthusiasm for games into a future in video game creation, Full Sail University can teach you the skills to begin your journey. With more than a decade of experience in the industry, Full Sail delivers a highly specialized education that blends the art, technology, and storytelling needed to create a successful game.
Game Art Bachelor's Degree – Campus & Online
This degree program focuses on the fundamentals of interactive graphics development – including character creation, environment and prop creation, the game production pipeline, in-game effects, and animation.
- Motion Capture ‐ Students learn techniques to digitize motion, edit sequences, and develop an understanding of simulated motion while exploring motion-capture setup, shooting, data tracking, and animation correction and enhancement.
- Level Assembly & Lighting ‐ This course continues to expand students' understanding of game requirements with a focus on constructing a playable level.
- Game Animation ‐ Students have their first opportunity to produce animated sequences for gameplay, developing an overall understanding of animation as it applies to the game industry with a focus on game-engine constraints and requirements.
- Motion Capture
- Level Assembly & Lighting
- Game Animation
Game Design Bachelor's Degree – Campus & Online
Students learn production processes used by today’s studios to design and produce games, while studying the building blocks of narrative design.
- Game Mechanics ‐ In this course, students learn how pacing and thematic structures incorporate conflict resolution and generate a plausible challenge and reward system.
- Game Balancing ‐ Students learn how to use level-design and gameplay-design fundamentals to create levels that capitalize on the strengths of their own designs while also learning about communicating to the player through a user interface.
- Prototyping ‐ Students form groups to create their first team-based digital game prototype using disciplines learned throughout the program to devise a unique concept design.
- Game Mechanics
- Game Balancing
Game Design Master's Degree – Campus
This program’s specialized courses focus on core concepts in teamwork and leadership, project development, design and prototyping, and marketing, as well as grounding in different types of software.
- Methods and the User Experience ‐ This course will equip the game designer with the scientific design tools and research skills required for defining and evaluating games for success.
- Game Production Tools ‐ Students in this course will be familiarized with and conduct applied research related to project management software that aids in the management, workflow, and documentation of projects – including Microsoft Project, Visio, asset management systems, defect tracking systems, and more.
- Game Design ‐ Students will conduct research on a variety of design topics, and then apply their knowledge through the creation of documentation and prototypes based upon both client and student design concepts.
- Methods and the User Experience
- Game Production Tools
- Game Design
Game Development Bachelor's Degree – Campus
In this program, students master the technology and tools necessary to develop and program single and multiplayer video games for gaming consoles, personal computers, and networks.
- Artificial Intelligence ‐ Students learn techniques for designing intelligent behaviors and creating lifelike behaviors in characters in order to provide realism, and computer opponents that continue to challenge players even after repeated gameplay.
- Engine Development ‐ This course emphasizes debugging, development of problem solving skills, reading and understanding pre-written code, requirements analysis, and working toward being a better software engineer upon graduation.
- Data Structure and Algorithms ‐ Students learn how fundamental data structures and algorithms function and are implemented while also learning about managing complexity, linked structures, abstraction, analysis, vectors, lists, and more.
- Artificial Intelligence
- Engine Development
- Data Structure and Algorithms
Mobile Gaming Master's Degree – Online
This program allows students to explore the production processes used to produce content for mobile gaming platforms, such as character sketches, level design, story development, and other creative elements.
- Computer Science for Engineers ‐ Students explore a wide variety of programming languages such as Objective-C, C#, Java, and C++, and the different mobile platforms for which they are used.
- Game Development Frameworks ‐ Students connect mobile and micro-console technologies to various platforms and operating systems to analyze how they influence the design, functionality, and delivery of a game.
- Mobile Gaming Business ‐ Students learn how mobile games are distributed and priced, while looking at how these various models of distribution and pricing structures affect downloads and purchases.
- Computer Science for Engineers
- Game Development Frameworks
- Mobile Gaming Business