Translate your creativity into a career path in art.
If you are passionate about art and design, Full Sail University can teach you the skills to keep it at the center of your universe. Through Full Sail's real-world approach, you'll build hands-on experience that combines traditional fine arts with today's digital tools and techniques.
Visual Arts Bachelor of Science Completion Program with a Computer Animation Concentration — Campus & Online
In this program, we teach you the latest 3D modeling tools and techniques as they relate to careers across a number of different fields.
- Character Animation - This course focuses on strengthening students' animation skills by exploring methods for creating movement that is entertaining, appealing, and clearly driven by the characters' emotions and personality.
- Character Rigging - This course introduces students to the foundations of character rigging, which is the process of adding joints and controls to a character that allows an animator to make it move in a realistic manner.
- Animation Production - The Animation Production Course develops students' ability to plan, coordinate, and study assets, using traditional methods to demonstrate their learned strengths as a 3D artist.
- Character Animation
- Character Rigging
- Animation Production
Visual Arts Bachelor of Science Completion Program with a Digital Arts & Design Concentration — Campus
In this program, you'll learn how to become a skilled visual communicator, blending your unique vision with industry knowledge to create powerful print and digital media.
- 3-D Arts - Students are introduced to the principles of three-dimensional computer graphics by exploring the methods and techniques of modeling and texturing while using industry-standard software.
- Motion Graphics Production - Students learn advanced techniques of motion-graphics creation through the use of software programs utilized by design and animation companies worldwide, applying these techniques to their own projects.
- Color Theory - This course exposes students to the theories and application of color, as it relates to both print and screen.
- 3-D Arts
- Motion Graphics Production
- Color Theory
Visual Arts Bachelor of Science Completion Program with a Game Art Concentration — Campus & Online
Students focus on 3D art and content creation, with a heavy emphasis on character development, shading and lighting, texturing, and modeling.
- Motion Capture - Students learn techniques to digitize motion, edit sequences, and develop an understanding of simulated motion while exploring motion-capture setup, shooting, data tracking, and animation correction and enhancement.
- Level Assembly & Lighting - This course continues to expand students' understanding of game requirements with a focus on constructing a playable level.
- Game Animation - Students have their first opportunity to produce animated sequences for gameplay, developing an overall understanding of animation as it applies to the game industry with a focus on game-engine constraints and requirements.
- Motion Capture
- Level Assembly & Lighting
- Game Animation
Visual Arts Bachelor of Science Completion Program with a Graphic Design Concentration — Campus & Online
This program can teach students skills that are highly sought-after in the creative industry. Students will learn how to meet deadlines and work within specific creative demands while producing high-end design work in a variety of formats.
- Typography and Page Layout - Students learn how to use typography as a critical part of page layout while also understanding how the printed or viewed page looks as an integrated graphic element.
- Digital Publishing - Students develop their understanding of form, function, and structure through context and technique while embracing the creative process that curated discussions and relevant case studies.
- Graphic Web Design - Students will gain understanding of HTML and web standards as they learn how to create, edit, manage, and design a professional website within a web-authoring tool and complementary software applications.
- Typography and Page Layout
- Digital Publishing
- Graphic Web Design
Media Design Master's — Online
If you are ready to reach a higher level in your career, learn how to use design at a strategic level and how to pitch your creative work to clients. In Full Sail University's Media Design master of fine arts program, you'll refine your creative process through a full-scale branding initiative.
- Brand Development - Using case studies, students explore the history and processes of brand development in media design.
- Defining Client Needs - Students explore the designer-client relationship and investigate research strategies and methods for developing effective multimedia campaigns.
- Design Strategies and Motivation - Combining research and online creative resources, students create a range of professional visualizations of their concepts and ideas.
- Brand Development
- Defining Client Needs
- Design Strategies and Motivation
User Experience Bachelor's — Online
Students in the User Experience bachelor’s program learn the theories, psychology, and research strategies behind designing engaging, human-centered experiences with interactive media, including games, websites, and more.
- User Experience Design - Learn how audience, testing, and psychology affect how users interact with a product or service as well as the UX design workflows and terminology used by the pros.
- UX/UI for Gaming Platforms - Find out how user experience and user interface contributes to engaging, user-friendly player experiences on a variety of gaming platforms.
- Psychology of Perception in UX - Discover how people perceive and process information with concepts in information grouping, subjective consistency, and contrast, and how that impacts user experience.
- User Experience Design
- UX/UI for Gaming Platforms
- Psychology of Perception in UX