Bring video games to life.
If you're ready to channel your enthusiasm for games into a future in video game creation, Full Sail University can teach you the skills to begin your journey. With more than a decade of experience in the industry, Full Sail delivers a highly specialized education that blends the art, technology, and storytelling needed to create a successful game.
Visual Arts Bachelor of Science Completion Program with a Game Art Concentration — Campus & Online
This degree program focuses on the fundamentals of interactive graphics development – including character creation, environment and prop creation, the game production pipeline, in-game effects, and animation.
- Motion Capture - Students learn techniques to digitize motion, edit sequences, and develop an understanding of simulated motion while exploring motion-capture setup, shooting, data tracking, and animation correction and enhancement.
- Level Assembly & Lighting - This course continues to expand students' understanding of game requirements with a focus on constructing a playable level.
- Game Animation - Students have their first opportunity to produce animated sequences for gameplay, developing an overall understanding of animation as it applies to the game industry with a focus on game-engine constraints and requirements.
- Motion Capture
- Level Assembly & Lighting
- Game Animation
Game Business & Esports Bachelor's — Campus & Online
The Game Business & Esports bachelor’s of science focuses on the business side of gaming, the revenue-generating, community-building, strategic-planning engine that propels the industry forward.
- Game Business Models - Learn about the ways gaming and esports organizations operate, how publishing and licensing works, and what it takes to develop revenue streams in gaming.
- Esports and Gaming Management - Develop skills in performance management, team management, and leadership in an esports environment while getting familiar with different team structures and corporate cultures.
- Gaming Culture & Engagement - Identify segments in the gaming market, ways to reach target audiences, and how the industry has welcomed new styles of gameplay and community engagement.
- Game Business Models
- Esports and Gaming Management
- Gaming Culture & Engagement
Interactive Technology Bachelor of Science Completion Program with a Game Design Concentration — Campus & Online
Students learn production processes used by today's studios to design and produce games, while studying the building blocks of narrative design.
- Scripting for Designers - This course focuses on more intermediate topics in computer science, such as algorithms, objects and classes, and testing and debugging.
- Game Design Preproduction - This course requires students to collaborate as they would in a professional game development environment, working in teams to document and develop a gameplay prototype.
- Game Systems Integration - Students will work in teams to take an existing game that is partially completed and iterate on its development.
- Scripting for Designers
- Game Design Preproduction
- Game Systems Integration
Game Design Master's — Campus & Online
This program's specialized courses focus on core concepts in teamwork and leadership, project development, design and prototyping, and marketing, as well as grounding in different types of software.
- Methods and the User Experience - This course will equip the game designer with the scientific design tools and research skills required for defining and evaluating games for success.
- Game Production Tools - Students in this course will be familiarized with and conduct applied research related to project management software that aids in the management, workflow, and documentation of projects – including Microsoft Project, Visio, asset management systems, defect tracking systems, and more.
- Game Design - Students will conduct research on a variety of design topics, and then apply their knowledge through the creation of documentation and prototypes based upon both client and student design concepts.
- Methods and the User Experience
- Game Production Tools
- Game Design
Game Development Bachelor's — Campus & Online
In this program, students master the technology and tools necessary to develop and program single and multiplayer video games for gaming consoles, personal computers, and networks.
- Artificial Intelligence - Students learn techniques for designing intelligent behaviors and creating lifelike behaviors in characters in order to provide realism, and computer opponents that continue to challenge players even after repeated gameplay.
- Engine Development - This course emphasizes debugging, development of problem solving skills, reading and understanding pre-written code, requirements analysis, and working toward being a better software engineer upon graduation.
- Data Structure and Algorithms - Students learn how fundamental data structures and algorithms function and are implemented while also learning about managing complexity, linked structures, abstraction, analysis, vectors, lists, and more.
- Artificial Intelligence
- Engine Development
- Data Structure and Algorithms